Sunday 2 December 2012

Beach Striptease

Evening! Ha, I thought that title might make you all curious. Alas, no visible nudity here. Sorry. Just the potential of me flashing some poor sod in Saunton car park this morning while changing into my wetsuit.
Me and the lovely Emily - who refuses to have her photo on here because she is certain she looks like an ogre (!!) in every pic - went for a little longboard this morning and boy, was it chilly. So I thought I'd use this ueber-technology changing device called a Dryrobe that I was lucky enough to have been handed a few days ago.



 ...and guess what? It is big so you can fit all of yourself plus jacket plus bobble hat under it and I am even able to climb all the way into my Minizip (which isn't easy) AND put on my hood without leaving the shelter of the Dryrobe. You're a bit like a turtle, you pull in all your extremeties and then when you're safe and all dressed you pop them out again. It's extremely warm, so warm that I hung out in it in my van after changing with nothing underneath (yep). So basically, it'll save you from dreading changing in car parks.
Yes, and to silence you doubters out there, it is different from towelling robes in that it actually stays dry around you. How did the guy from Dryrobe do it? I don't know, he must be clever, I guess...

You can find out more about it here: http://www.wandering-star.co.uk/





No comments:

Post a Comment